Re: Venting

Subject: Re: Venting
From: Chris Lilley <chris@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 01:47:27 +0100

Didier PH Martin wrote:

> You are right these persons where part of DSSSL specs and learned a lot
> about it. This is why we got the transformation part that came so fast and
> indead showed that lessons where learned from DSSSL.

The FO part also shows lessons learned from DSSSL (and learned from
CSS).

>  The comment about
> disrecpect is more toward the fact that W3 just created a new language
> instead of improving the one already there and named DSSSL.

DSSSL is an ISO standard. W3C doesn't get to rewrite it. However, ISO
standards are subject to periodic review and it is entirely possible
that experience with XSL could be used to produce an improved, revised
version of DSSSL provided that some folks have the interest and
dedication to do the work.

I don't see XML as being "disrespect to" SGML for example.

--
Chris