Re: Splitting XSL

Subject: Re: Splitting XSL
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 11:37:10 -0500
 Paul,

I'm currious about the way that these two languages would likely interact.
Would transformation- and style-sheets be accessible from an XML document as
XSL sheets currently are? I guess I'd like to know if the following example
is likely.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xtl" href="report.xtl"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="report.xsl"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="report.css"?>
<REPORT>
<P>This report is very important.</P>
</REPORT>

I would assume that XTL- and XSL-compliant agents would  execute/resolve the
XTL sheet first, transforming the XML doc into a result tree, before
applying the flow object rules in the XSL sheet. Other user agents might
only apply one of the above, depending on which specs they supported.

Which form of SS PI is current (<?xml:stylesheet or <?xml-stylesheet)?

Thanks for your help.

Richard.