Re: Setting the value of the HREF attribute (Again)

Subject: Re: Setting the value of the HREF attribute (Again)
From: Nigel Byrnes <byrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 18:25:13 +0000
Hello again XSL-ers

Thanks for the the advice I received earlier in the day. On the same
subject however, I have another query. As illustrated below, I am
looking to set up an email link. The email address exists in the XML
document, but I need to prepend the string "mailto:"; onto it. I can't
know how to do this in one step. does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Nigel

XML code:

<contactEmail>byrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</contactEmail>

XSL code:

<xsl:template match="contactEmail">
  <xsl:text>Email: </xsl:text>
  <xsl:element name="A">
    <xsl:attribute name="HREF">
     <!-- How do I set this variable to:
mailto:byrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ? -->
    </xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:element>
      Nigel Byrnes

                               "We continue..." Pete Tong

Software Engineering and Applications Group,
Philips Research Labs,
Redhill.                           Tel: +44 (0)1293 815578
RH1 5HA.                           Fax: +44 (0)1293 815024
UK.                                GSM: +44 (0)7899 940391
                    Email: byrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx