RE: CSS and XSL

Subject: RE: CSS and XSL
From: "Jelks Cabaniss" <jelks@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 23:12:14 -0500
Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> I think you're missing the point - it's not difficult to make XML work
> cleanly with CSS properties.  If you want to convert a style attribute to a
> bunch of XML attributes, the processing is trivial.  On the other hand,
> keeping the style information in a single element makes it much easier to
> avoid the crunched-up disaster area that HTML documents were becoming when
> formatting was all over the markup.

The stylesheets newsgroup had this very debate some months ago.  I highly
recommend reading it -- the posts have the subject "Netscapes style-policy".
See in particular:

	http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=374716731
	http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=375232052

You may wish to click the "Thread" tab -- Arjun Ray's and Daniel Glazman's

/Jelks