Passing counter value as macro arg.

Subject: Passing counter value as macro arg.
From: Evan Easton <evan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 07:52:18 -0600
Does the working draft preclude using an xsl:attribute to set the value
for a macro arg?  What I'm trying to do is pass a counter value to an
macro.  My XSL processor complains that the arg needs a value
attribute.  Is this XSL invalid or in the XSL processor incomplete.

   <xsl:invoke name="fooMacro">
      <xsl:arg name="the-arg">
         <xsl:attribute name="value">
            <xsl:counter name="myCounter"/>
         </xsl:attribute>
      </xsl:arg>
   </xsl:invoke>

See the 16-December-1998 Draft Section 2.7.2.3.  Not being an adept XSL
spec interpreter, I'm not sure if the above code is included, excluded,
or ambiguously untreated.

If this is invalid XSL, I wouldn't mind a pure XSL alternative for
passing counter values as macro arguments.

Evan