Re: problem!! - Built-in template Rules?

Subject: Re: problem!! - Built-in template Rules?
From: Shekhar Kshirsagar <skshirsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:27:36 -0500
I thought there are supposed to be some built-in template rules which
should take care of
such cases.
I suppose IE5 implementation is not implementing these built-in template
rules,
or Am I misunderstanding something here?

Thanks & Regards,
Shekhar Kshirsagar
Nortel Networks.

Reference from XSL Draft (Section 2.5.2) :

-2.5.2 Built-in Template Rules
-There is a built-in template rule to allow recursive processing to
continue in the absence of a -successful pattern match by an explicit rule
in the stylesheet. This rule applies to both element nodes -and the root
node. The following shows the equivalent of the built-in template rule:
-
-<xsl:template match="*|/">
-  <xsl:apply-templates/>
-</xsl:template>

-There is also a built-in template rule for text nodes that copies text
through:

-<xsl:template match="text()">
-  <xsl:value-of select="."/>
-</xsl:template>

-The built-in rule does not apply to processing instructions and comments.
When a comment or processing -instruction is processed, and no rule is
matched, nothing is created.

-The built-in template rules are treated as if they were imported
implicitly before the stylesheet and so -are considered less important than
all other template rules. Thus the author can override a built-in -rule by
including an explicit rule with match="*|/" or match="text()".