Re: XT and HTML conversion

Subject: Re: XT and HTML conversion
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:55:24 -0500
 Chris,

Thanks for the help. I thought that XT converted to XML and was shocked to
find that it was converting to HTML proper. I'm glad to see that all is OK
and that I'm the Monkey's Uncle.

>XT converts XML to XML.  However, it can change how it serializes the
>result based on the result-ns attribute.  If the result-ns identifies
>the result as HTML 4.0, which XT knows uses SGML syntax, proper syntax
>is used.  If you don't use the result-ns attribute, I don't believe XT
>will attempt to guess the intended syntax (IOW, XML syntax will be
>used for the serialization).

Hmmm. I'm not actually using the result-ns attribute, but am using the HTML
namespace. I'm using the following stylesheet element:

<xsl:stylesheet
       xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";
       xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";
       result-ns="">

If I wanted to convert to an XMLized HTML, I guess  XHTML, then would I
remove the ns identifier (if it is called that) and add a similar XHTML one?
I take it that only HTML4 and XSLwd are understood.

Richard.