RE: Fw: W3C-transformation language petition

Subject: RE: Fw: W3C-transformation language petition
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 22:26:20 -0500

> One interesting issue raised in the current draft is... "XSL
> should support
> interaction with structured information, as well as presentation of it. ".
>
> Now as yet there has been little examination of the role XSL has (or maybe
> hasn't) to play alongside XLink. I believe that presentation of navigable
> relationships is something that should involve XSL, and that it involves
> both transformation and formatting.

	Yes, in order to become a generalized graph-to-graph transformation
language, as opposed to a tree-to-tree transformation language, XLink issues
need to be dealt with. For example, currently the ability to transform
graphs which are constructed via links between disparate source documents is
lacking (or severely limited).

Jonathan Borden
http://jabr.ne.mediaone.net