Re: Fw: W3C-transformation language petition

Subject: Re: Fw: W3C-transformation language petition
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 16:27:55 +0800
> Yes, in order to become a generalized graph-to-graph transformation
>language, as opposed to a tree-to-tree transformation language, XLink
issues
>need to be dealt with. For example, currently the ability to transform
>graphs which are constructed via links between disparate source documents
is
>lacking (or severely limited).

This has been a big issue in the relatively simple XSL I've done to produce
xmlsoftware.com. What I end up doing is:
    * having empty prologs in my documents (yuk! I hate doing that)
    * making one big document that declares all the associated documents as
external entities (hence the need to have empty prologs) and references them
    * using the XSL stylesheet on the big document. That way documents can
reference one another in a pseudo ID/IDREF kind of way.

James
--
James Tauber / jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx / www.jtauber.com
Associate Researcher, Electronic Commerce Network

Full-day XML Tutorial @ WWW8 : http://www8.org/

Maintainer of : www.xmlinfo.com,  www.xmlsoftware.com and www.schema.net