RE: Complex XSL Application (I think)

Subject: RE: Complex XSL Application (I think)
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 14:05:37 -0000
> [Wendy]
> Yes this is great this is something i need to do.
> But how do I use XSL to process the large 1.6 gig file into
> 160,000 smaller files.

You can't.

SAXON supports an extended subset of XSL, one of its extensions is the
ability to create multiple output files - I did this for precisely your kind
of application. See http://home.iclweb.com/icl2/mhkay/saxon.html

(The subset of XSL is quite small at present, and not very strict, but will
be much larger and stricter in the next version. If all you want to do is
document splitting it's fine. Except that like most other XSL
implementations, it will gag when it tries to build a 1.6Gb tree in memory.
The next version fixes that too, it supports a subset of XSL in streaming
mode. If you want an alpha version, I'll send it privately.)

Mike Kay