Re: IE5's xsl:copy

Subject: Re: IE5's xsl:copy
From: "Juliane Harbarth" <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 14:51:24 -0000
I managed to do something like an id transformation
using the following :

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>

  <xsl:template match="/">
   <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="*">
    <xsl:for-each select="@*">
     <xsl:attribute><xsl:value-of select="."/></xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:for-each>
   <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="textnode()">
   <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

I said 'something like an id' because what I get when I open
IE5 on an XML file referring to this stylesheet, is all the
text and the attributes (names and values) of my file, but
I don't see any tags. So the conversion result is not XML, or
is it ?

May be this example can nevertheless be a help to you.

How can I tell my IE5 that the result has to be XML,
mentioning non-HTML tags or using <xsl:element> did
not help.