Fw: Fw: W3C-transformation language petition

Subject: Fw: Fw: W3C-transformation language petition
From: "Oren Ben-Kiki" <oren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 10:35:47 +0200
Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi Oren.
>
>The FOs *we currently have* are certianly biased toward 2D presentation,
>that is because FOs as they stand are based upon how we *currently do
>things*, but...

><fo:spoken>Hi Oren, how are you?</fo:spoken>
>
>...really isn't difficult to add is it?

No, of course not. I take back my words, FOs aren't harder to adapt to
multiple media types. Of course, CSS has already made some steps in this
direction, but that's just because it is ahead in the game, not due to an
inherent advantage. There is one point, that if a new media type is defined
and some of its attributes are shared with existing ones, then one can reuse
existing CSS stylesheets to get started, but it isn't clear how useful this
is.

Share & Enjoy,

    Oren Ben-Kiki