Re: How to show the value of an attribute?

Subject: Re: How to show the value of an attribute?
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 09:19:23 -0500
At 12:08 PM 3/9/99 +0100, Mario Christ wrote:
>Another question: What is the <DIV> tag for?

It defines a container for content that you want to be treated as a single
unit (perhaps with descendant elements). <SPAN> does the same thing but for
in-line content. <DIV> is analogous to <P>, while <SPAN> is analogous to
<EM>. IMO, the <DIV> and <SPAN> tags (with class="..." attributes) are
useful primarily in styling (all right, in transforming) a document and not
at all otherwise.

(I don't have my XSL stuff here at work (gad, what an awful commentary that
is...), so I can't off the top of my head answer your question about
selecting attribute values, but I know it can be done easily.)