Using XML/XSL to access archived data

Subject: Using XML/XSL to access archived data
From: Sara Mitchell <smitchel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:18:37 -0800
My apologies, up front, if this seems somewhat off-topic. I have
seem some threads in the list recently where people were
attempting
to put together a prototype of systems that allow archived
data, put into XML, to be accessed in a browser using XSL as
the transformation.

This is a great idea, and I am trying to gather information on
what this might involve. However, my company would much prefer
to buy a solution rather than develop one.

Does anyone interested in this application of XSL know of a
vendor
or product that might fit this bill? Or is potentially even
looking at providing this type of feature?

I'm already familiar with the 'document management' vendors such
as
Texcel or Chrystal and have some information on the OO Databases,
such as ObjectStore or Poet's products. I guess I'm just hoping
that some other vendors or consultants have also seen this as
a potential area of revenue.

Thanks,
Sara Mitchell