DCD Current (& Future) Submission

Subject: DCD Current (& Future) Submission
From: "Jon Wynacht" <jwynacht@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:03:24 -0800
I have a question about DCDs....

Currently, the elements described in a DCD go along these lines:

<ElementDef Type="A" Model="Elements" Content="Closed">
	<Description>The A Element</Description>
	<AttributeDef name="Source_type" />
	<Group>
		<Element>B</Element>
	</Group>
</ElementDef>

Will this be possible?

<ElementDef Type="A" Model="Elements" Content="Closed">
	<Description>The A Element</Description>
	<AttributeDef name="Source_type" />
	<Group>
		<ElementDef Type="B" Model="Data" Content="Closed">B</ElementDef>
	</Group>
</ElementDef>

The reason I ask is I'm working on a project that would require the use of a
DCD instead of a DTD. I'm running the DCD through the LotusXSL parser along
with an XSL and want to produce a XWing.xml document for Bluestone's XwingML
to then produce a gui.

The current status of the DCD it seems doesn't provide for a handy tree
structure styling, which makes doing the XSL a real pain.

Any suggestions?

Any links to resources on the web for DCDs? I was only able to find the W3C
document.

Thanks in advance for your help.....

Jon

Jon Wynacht
Web Developer, Worldwide Sales Dashboard
Field Productivity Programs

Cisco Systems, Inc.
255 Tasman Drive
San Jose, CA 95134
Phone:(408) 527-5261
Fax: (408) 526-7666
Page: 1-800-365-4578 or jwynacht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere."