Fw: Hyphenation for multipart attribute labels...

Subject: Fw: Hyphenation for multipart attribute labels...
From: "Oren Ben-Kiki" <oren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 18:47:27 +0200
Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi.
>
>Before XSL goes out the door, might we consider a small but potentialy
>highly significant aspect that seem to be overlooked.
>
>For FO attributes the convention seems to hyphenate attributes of multiple
>words....

So does CSS, and they simply map 'an-attribute' to 'anAttribute' where it
becomes a part of the DOM interface. I expect so would FOs.

>*** Heyphenating multiple words is the work of the Devil ***

The W3C has buried the idea of a standard XML DTD <-> DOM mapping (if it
ever was a declared goal). This is just a small nail in its coffin - one
which can be worked around, actually, by standardizing the '?-x?' to '?X?'
mapping. I'm still upset they buried the idea in the first place :-)

Have fun,

    Oren Ben-Kiki