Re: Data misuse (was Re: template matching..)

Subject: Re: Data misuse (was Re: template matching..)
From: Marcus Carr <mrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 12:23:16 +1000
Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> My own personal opinion is that it is up to the data reciever what they
> care to do with the data, including presenting it. I've no probelms with
> the data provider giving a default stylesheet in the form of  stylesheet
> PI, but that shouldn't be regarded as binding.
>
> This is what I mean when I say imposing the stylesheet from the XML gives
> me the shudders. I see the stylesheet declared in the XML document as a
> suggestion, I might choose to transform the XML document with another
> stylesheet, or indeed many stylesheets.

Ah, I misunderstood who would be doing the imposing - you meant having the
provider somehow enforcing which stylesheet gets applied; I thought you meant
imposing from the client side, like superimposing. Sorry for the confusion.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx