RE: IE5.0 and XSL

Subject: RE: IE5.0 and XSL
From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:04:07 -0800
IE5 does not implement all of the features of the W3C WD.  We have tried to
choose a subset which offered the core functionality, and implement that
subset compatibly.  One feature we did not have time to implement is the
built-in templates, so you must add these to your stylesheet if you want to
rely on them.  The resulting stylesheet is still a conformant stylesheet and
should work in other XSL processors as well.

The "order-by" attribute is documented on our web site as an obsolete syntax
- we didn't have time to implement the preferred <xsl:sort> syntax for this
release.

We also believe that gt, lt, etc. should be included in XSL Patterns, and
expect them to be part of an upcoming draft.