Guide to common problems/pitfalls using xsl

Subject: Guide to common problems/pitfalls using xsl
From: u970130@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 21:03:59 +0200
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you have a list of common problems that
users of xsl run into and how these are solved? I`m explaining xsl
in a school-related project and has to show some areas where xsl
can be troublesome to use.

For example :

I defined a rule which put an <BR> after an element A. Another
element B had a <BR> in front of it. When B came after A the
resultet of the two <BR>s where equal to <P>, and not at all what I
intended.

Problems similar to these are of interest. Eventhough these can
probably be solved without much work, I`m trying to locate pitfalls
for xsl-newbies, and provide some guidelines for good and efficient
xsl-design.

PS! Any good definition of the terms "flow-object" and "regular
expression" would be nice to. Is there a site with definitions of
similar terms?

Best regards,
Thomas Weholt,
Norway