Re: XML on Gecko

Subject: Re: XML on Gecko
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:13:34 -0500
 Comrad,

Yes, CSS can be used to style XML documents and is the only option in
Mozilla browsers. You must make sure to include 'display' to describe your
elements.

Your CSS code:

name {font: 14px arial;}
address {font-weight: 600;}

Modified:

name {display: inline; font: 14px arial;}
address {display:block;font-weight: 600;}

You can find a short tutorial in the CSS2 Tutorial on the W3C site -
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/

I hope that helps.

I find that the best way of styling XML documents is to use XT for
conversion to HTML, either through XT or IE5, then use CSS for formatting
the resultant HTML. XSL is eventually supposed to do all that on its own but
as always, we have to wait. The current system isn't that bad anyway.

Good luck,

Richard.