ANN: xml medical term project

Subject: ANN: xml medical term project
From: "admin" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 06:17:35 EST
Hello:  An xml medical terminology project is located at:
worldccr.org/xmloriginal.htm

This project uses:
1] other people's computers [I don't have my own], notepad, and IE5's browser technology
2] xml docs and xsl stylesheets without an external dtd comprises the content, with an HTML 'front-end' for accessing medical dictionary terms and related articles

This is a web application, and represents what I think future Internet sites will provide for viewers/users. Notice that we are determined to bring extensive amounts of information "from the Web to your screen" rather than have you surf out and away. What a great concept. But then you knew that, didn't you?

Comment: XML is potentially a revolution in the making.  Interestingly, XLink may be considered by some as the most critical element to this revolution. With XLink and its promise of extended linking, web applications at the most sophisticated and complex level can be designed and implemented with nothing more than a text editor and parser capabilities.  In other words, XLink empowers each individual with the ability to capture the knowledge of the world at any level they choose.  Tough nut for the greedy to swallow, and the needy [that's you and me] to crack. Thanks, Tom

--
Thomas A. Poe, M.D., Director
The World Center For Clinical Research