RE: XML/XSL Demos

Subject: RE: XML/XSL Demos
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:16:01 +0100
Hi.

This is probably the top of my wish list for XSL. At the moment I'm having
to use an XLink-like implimentation to produce multiple views from a single
actuation.

I would really like to see multiple input files, and especially a way of
creatively producing multiple outputs. The probelm I see here is that yo
produce multiple results for frame or windows would require either user
agent support or an extension of the user agent to actuate the insertion of
these results into the frames. I can see how this could be done in IE4+,
but I cannot see how this would be done in any other browser. (Anybody?).

This I *think* (and need to think on it an awful lot more), leaves us with
something like XLink as the method of defining or data aggregation, and
placement of multiple views.

These sort of mechanisms are something I intend to develop for myself. If
the W3C defines a way of doing it, great, but I feel it needs doing
regardless. So if anybody else has concept of how best to use XSL for
multiple input, output, and target I am very keen to hear.

Cheers

     Guy.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 04/21/99 05:26:07 PM