Re: About XSLT

Subject: Re: About XSLT
From: Rick Geimer <rick.geimer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:00:57 -0700
Hello,

I looked at the XML version of the XSLT spec, and either it has a misuse
of XLINK, or I misunderstand it's use. The links in the document have a
show value of "embed" and an actuate value of "auto". Doesn't this mean
that the links are traversed automatically by the browser and embedded at
the current location without the user clicking on them?

Wouldn't this end up in an infinite loop, since the second link on the
page is a reference to itself, which would be embedded and processed at
the current location, calling itself again and so on?

I think these links should have an actuate value of "user" so that they
are only traversed when the user clicks on them.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, because I have been using the embed and
auto combination to do something like a browser-side include. I'd like to
know the proper syntax for doing that if embed and auto are meant for
something else.

Sincerely,

Rick Geimer
National Semiconductor