Re: Specifying output encoding type in XSLT

Subject: Re: Specifying output encoding type in XSLT
From: Duane Nickull <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 08:22:35 -0700
Yoichiro:

Your XSLT processor sounds interesting. I think I speak for other
members of this group when I say we can't wait to see it.

We are developing an XSLT processor and found that it is
> useful if an encoding type for the output can be specified
> in XSLT file.  Theoretically, I think it should be a PI,
> because it is a command for the XSLT processor.  Yes,
> we can use proprietarily defined PI, but I believe this is a
> common requirement and should be a commonly defined.
>
> Any opinion? If many of you agree, I would like to propose
> this as a part of the XSLT spec.

As far as I know, the XSLT spec has been designed as "feature
complete".  Therefor, future releases will probably only be used to
stabilize the current draft rather than add new features.

I think James Clark will probably echo this opinion.

Duane Nickull
www.cartnetwork.com