Re: Part A - Generic parse.allXML function

Subject: Re: Part A - Generic parse.allXML function
From: David RR Webber <Gnosis_@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 10:19:04 -0400
Message text written by David Carlisle

This doesn't work with the current version of XSL as
it uses the old http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl namespace
and various functions that don't appear to be defined
even in old drafts of XSL? such as <xsl:script
match="cdata() etc.

Also it does not take care to display < and & as &lt
and &amp unless I am mistaken (I couldn't run the script to check).

If you are using a current XSLT processor you might like to do something
more like the `verb.xsl' that I mentioned on this list earlier, but
perhaps adding some colours to taste.

David
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

David  -  errrr, I have this running just fine in IE5.0, you just need to
put the following into the top of the XML document:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="generic-xml.xsl" ?>

All the other stuff you mention I could not decipher.  Since this works
in IE5.0 it must be some sort of XSL.  I was looking for a very simple
tweak to clean up this in IE5 so it looks good.  It's almost working.

I don't need XSLT as it is the HTML I'm after.

Thanks for giving your comments - not much help for me unfortunately,
hopefully it means more to someone else!

DW.