Re: <xsl-script>

Subject: Re: <xsl-script>
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 02:24:18 -0500
Rick Geimer wrote:

> A sample in my favorite language, without a function library :-)

Cheater. Anyhow, I think you helped to make my point and you might well
have intended to. For those that don't recognize Rick's favorite language,
it is a sophisticated and expensive language designed specifically for XML
processing. In other words, it is like a proprietary XSL on steroids. Its
existence demonstrates that ordinary scripting languages are really not as
easy to use for this stuff as text processing "4GLs".

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

Diplomatic term: "Emerging Markets"
Translation: Poor countries. The great euphemism of the Asian financial
             meltdown. Investors got much more excited when they thought
they could invest in up-and-comers than when they heard they could invest
in the Third World.(Brills Content, Apr. 1999)