RE: [Fwd: Re: Language is not markup and markup is not language.]

Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: Language is not markup and markup is not language.]
From: "Vun Kannon, David" <dvunkannon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 12:21:10 -0400
	No. There's the possibility that you could write an XSL processor in
a non-TC language. Grant the truth of the statement that "if program X is
expressible in one TC language, it is expressible in all TC languages".
Equivalence means that A implies B and B implies A. "X is TC" does imply
that "an XSL processor can be written in X", because there are TC languages
that can express XSL processors. Unfortunately, the implication the other
way is what we're trying to prove. "An XSL processor can be written in XSL"
needs to be joined with "an XSL processor can only be written in a TC
language" before you get "XSL is a TC language".
	So the equivalence depends on the truth of the statement "an XSL
processor can only be written in a TC language".

is unauthorized.