RE: Is it possible to dynamically select portions of an XML page?

Subject: RE: Is it possible to dynamically select portions of an XML page?
From: Mike Dierken <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 08:56:12 -0700
When I've run into this issue, I use dynamic entity references.
I have a simple servlet which takes URL query terms and uses their
name/value pairs to 'adjust' the entity declarations in an internal DTD of
the .XSL file.
It's like passing parameters to the stylesheet.

<!DOCTYPE sample [
 <!ENTITY title "book1" >
]>
<xsl:for-each select="BOOKSTORE/BOOK">
	<xsl:if test=".TITLE='&title;'">
	<!-- show the book details-->
	</xsl:if>
	<!-- else don;t -->
</xsl:for-each>

Here is an article explaining it in a little more detail and with sample
Java code.
http://xdev.datachannel.com/press/lounge.html

Mike D
DataChannel