XSL performance problem

Subject: XSL performance problem
From: Sebastien Sahuc <ssahuc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 12:19:08 +0200
Hi there,

To be direct, I'll say that i'm quite disapointed about XML + XSL
processing as they seem to work really slowly, at least too slow to be
integrated on a back end architecture in java ( just like Cocoon
project). Indeed, after evaluating several parser and XSL processors,
I found out that the couple XP + XT is the fastest, but still don't
give good performance :
In a Pentium III, 450Mhz with Apache + Jserv + Sun JVM 1.2, a xml
document of 100Kb size processed with a small xsl document (that
simply format data into list of items) take a little less than 1000ms.
I know there is nothing comparable to what I'm arguing, structure of
xml and xsl documents can sensibly affect the result, but I'm really
surprised not to get better results.

Does it surprise somebody else ?

Any repy will be greatly appreciate.

Sebastien Sahuc