RE: XSLT: conditional output, or l10n issues

Subject: RE: XSLT: conditional output, or l10n issues
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:54:06 +0100

> Hm.  Didn't know about the lang() function.  Can I modify the DTD to
> include a default value of "any" or "*" or something like this and
> using this to test?  lang("en") or lang("any")

Technically xml:lang has to have a value which conforms to RFC 1766 "tags
for the identifcation of languages" (which I haven't read). But I expect
most parsers would let you get away with "any" as a value. If not, you could
always cheat, I expect there's a code for Esperanto that you could use to
mean "any language".

Mike Kay