Re: Is there some differences between XSL and XSL-Transformation

Subject: Re: Is there some differences between XSL and XSL-Transformation
From: Kyong-ha Lee <bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 23:20:27 +0900
Thanks for the answer.
You mean that XSL Working Draft spilt into XSL-Transformation and XSL
and XSL-Transformation contains match pattern and telplates, otherwise XSL
contains XSL vocabulary (ex: <fo: ..> )
Is that right?

And I wanna throw another question about match patterns
How many parts of match pattern in XSL is contained into XQL?
In other words, What is differenceses between XQL expressions and match pattern
in XSL

Thanks in advance.

"Sall, Ken" wrote:

>        The April 21, 1999 XSL Working Draft split into two pieces, the main
> document
>        and XSL Transformations (XSLT). To quote from the XSLT Working
>        Draft: "XSLT is a language for transforming XML documents into other
> XML
>        documents. XSLT is designed for use as part of XSL, which is a
> stylesheet
>        language for XML. In addition to XSLT, XSL includes an XML vocabulary
> for
>        specifying formatting. XSL specifies the styling of an XML document
> by
>        using XSLT to describe how the document is transformed into another
> XML
>        document that uses the formatting vocabulary. XSLT is also designed
> to be
>        used independently of XSL. However, XSLT is not intended as a
> completely
>        general-purpose XML transformation language. Rather it is designed
>        primarily for the kinds of transformation that are needed when XSLT
> is used
>        as part of XSL."
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl  # main document (XSL); Section 2 (Tree
> Construction) points to XSLT
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xslt # XSL Transformations (XSLT)
>
> - Ken Sall
> ksall@xxxxxxx,kensall@xxxxxxxx,ken@xxxxxxxx
> - Century Computing, Inc.           http://www.cen.com/
> - NG-HTML: Next Generation HTML     http://www.cen.com/ng-html/
> - XML at Web Dev Virtual Lib        http://WDVL.com/Authoring/Languages/XML/

begin:vcard
n:Lee;Kyong-ha
tel;cell:019-482-7449
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Database Lab.;Dep't of Computer Engineering Chungnam Univ.
adr:;;220 Gung-dong yusong-Ku, Taejon, Republic of Korea.;;;305-764;
version:2.1
email;internet:bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Kyong-ha Lee(Bart)
fn:Kyong-ha Lee