Re: Leventhal's challenge misses the point

Subject: Re: Leventhal's challenge misses the point
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:05:07 -0500
Kay Michael wrote:

> But then, non-programmers can learn programming too. What we really want is
> evidence that non-programmers can learn XSL more easily than they can learn
> (say) Javascript.

No fair! You need to compare XSLT against Javascript+DOM and all of XSL
against Javascript+DOM+CSS.

If your interest is in going from XML->display then I think that "all of
XSL" is certainly a simpler route. Can you imagine, for example, a single
book that goes into great detail on JavaScript AND the DOM AND CSS? I
think that it would be rather large.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

Alabama's constitution is 100 years old, 300 pages long and has more than
600 amendments. Highlights include "Amendment 393: Amendment of Amendment
No.  351", "Validation of Laws Regulating Court Costs in Randolph County",
"Miscegenation laws", "Bingo Games in Russell County", "Suppression
of dueling".  - http://www.legislature.state.al.us/ALISHome.html