RE: My response to Leventhal's article...

Subject: RE: My response to Leventhal's article...
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 10:19:50 -0400
Hi Stephen,

Stephen said:
DSSSL was a well-thought-out solution to most of the problems that they
were trying to solve. That problem differs from XSL?s, hence DSSSL is not a
sufficient answer to the web formatting problem.

Didier says:
Thank you for saying its an opinion of yours and not a public opinion of the
WG.
By saying things like you said in the paragraph above. You just do the same
thing as Leventhal did toward XSL. I agree with you than Leventhan opinion
is quite light and lack of substance on certain point. But it don't help
your demonstration when you state such claims as above. Please do your
homework before saying such things. In fact you raise a challenge toward
DSSSL by saying such things. Now can you be more explicit in which ways
DSSSL is not a sufficient answer to the web formatting problem. The best
strategy to help your cause is not by lowering other languages without good
reasons. By doing so, you just do the same thing as the person you answer
to. Think about it ;-)

Except this paragraph, your message is a well articulated response. Its bad
that this paragraph lower the level of your argumentation because the major
part of your response is of good quality.

Regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com