RE: server side tools...

Subject: RE: server side tools...
From: "Cerium" <cerium@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:50:02 -0400
Hi:

You wrote:
> we have to support NT and Unix
> from DB to browser, plus multiple DBs.

If C++ is not mandatory, have a look at our XSLServlet.  Combines XML with:

  1) database values
  2) other XML
  3) XSL stylesheet

All Java.  We've used it on Unix (Solaris) and NT.  Sends HTML to any
browser.  Any SQL database: we've used DB2, Oracle, SQLServer, Informix.
Uses IBM XML4J parser and LotusXSL v17.

Also includes XSLServletPreview for testing without a servlet engine or web
server.  Test with or without a database connection.

Many tools do this much.  ASP and JSP and such.  They too separate model
(database) from view (XSL, HTML...).  Where do we differ?  We further
separate database logic from either.  A three-way separation.  No database
logic embedded in the HTML or XSL view.  On large projects that frees the
two teams, database and page design, to charge ahead without dancing on one
another's toes.

Have a look, tell me what you think.

John Hicks

Cerium Component Software
Build With Our XML Team | Tools
XMLOutline | XMLDB | XMLServlet
212-662-3982 | 888-742-8989 | Fax 707-222-7651
http://cerium.cc
"Software as a conversation with a community."