Re: attribute value test.

Subject: Re: attribute value test.
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 09:26:53 -0400
Hello Dave!

At 99/06/03 12:36 +0100, DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>I'm trying to test if a nodes parent contains an attribute named 'inserted'
>with value 'yes'
>
><xsl:choose>
>     <xsl:when test="../@inserted ='yes' ">
>     <xsl:attribute name="style">color: red</xsl:attribute>
>      </xsl:when>
>     </xsl:choose>
>

>xt keeps telling me there is an unexpected token in the line
>beginning xsl:when.

Since it looked correct to me, I copied your text verbatim into a test
script and it appears to work just fine (see below).

Perhaps one of your spaces isn't a space but a &nbsp;?  or perhaps a quote
is a word processing font quote and not an ASCII quote?

Perhaps you are not running with XT19990514 (I haven't tested the below
with any earlier version)?

Sorry I can't think of anything more.

............ Ken

T:\davep>type test.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<start>
<tests inserted="yes">
  <test>A test</test>
</tests>
<tests inserted="no">
  <test>Another test</test>
</tests>
</start>
T:\davep>type test.xsl
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0";>

<xsl:template match="//test">                    <!--root rule-->
  <thing>
<xsl:choose>
     <xsl:when test="../@inserted ='yes' ">
     <xsl:attribute name="style">color: red</xsl:attribute>
      </xsl:when>
     </xsl:choose>

  </thing>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

T:\davep>call xsl test.xml test.xsl testout.xml
T:\davep>type testout.xml

  <thing style="color: red"/>

  <thing/>

T:\davep>