Subject: Re: XML/XSL and ASP/IIS
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 12:55:57 -0400

    I've found that IE5 does not always listen to the specified content-type
header, rather attempts to figure the document type using a set of rules.
For example a document such as:
garbage <?xml version="1.0" ?>
will get read as XML rather than say text/plain

    There are a bunch of other situations but suffice to say that IE5 does
not depend on nor always listen to the Content-Type: header to arrive at the
document type (I do wish it would).