Re: Another variable question

Subject: Re: Another variable question
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 14:02:33 -0400
At 99/06/03 13:47 -0400, I wrote:
>There was a discussion in the past (that I'm not trying to revive right
>now!) about the fact that variables do not vary, and that the name of the
>construct could be construed from the mathematical sense of a place-holder.

Sorry, re-reading my response I now feel it comes across that I don't want
to discuss your problem ... what I didn't want to revive was the discussion
of the naming of the construct as "variable" when its value is bound and
does not vary.

Please ask if you have any questions about variables ... if I can't answer
them to your satisfaction there are plenty of people on this board who know
more than me.

--
G. Ken Holman                  mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Crane Softwrights Ltd.           http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/