Re: substring()

Subject: Re: substring()
From: Sara Mitchell <smitchel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 11:00:21 -0700
A diacritical is a general term for the accents or other glyphs
that are used in many other languages in combination with what
English speaking people would consider a 'character'. French
for example has acute e, grave e (the accent is angled in
different directions), and the cedilla which looks like a
c with a very small 5 underneath it.

(My apologies to all regarding spelling or implications in
French. It's been twenty years, so mine is extremely rusty.)

Sara Mitchell

[snip]