Re: XML/XSL and ASP/IIS

Subject: Re: XML/XSL and ASP/IIS
From: "Steven Livingstone" <s.livingstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 10:16:07 +0100
Hi there - well, I've tried this with half success/half failure.

I I run the file below, low.xsl, directly from a web page, and after having
mapped it's MIME type to the asp.dll, then I can do everything as I
expected.

However, when I use the following in my asp page,

    strOutput = objXML.transformNode(objXSL)

I am unable to get any response back in strOutput. I don't know what the
problem is as I would still expect the .xsl file to be parsed by asp.dll and
the resuting page to be returned - as soon as I take the ASP stuuf out of
the low.xsl file, everything works using strOutput =
objXML.transformNode(objXSL).

What am I doing wrong, or is there a better/another way to do this?

Thanks
Steven

"low.xsl"
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<HTML xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>
<LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="english.css" />
  <BODY STYLE="font-family:Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10pt;
background-color:#EEEEEE">
<%If Request.QueryString("color")="red" Then%>
      <DIV STYLE="background-color:red; color:white; padding:4px">
<%Else%>
 <DIV STYLE="background-color:teal; color:white; padding:4px">
<%End If%>
        <SPAN STYLE="font-weight:bold; color:white">
   <xsl:value-of select="document/title"/> by
   <xsl:value-of select="document/author"/></SPAN>
      </DIV>
      <DIV class="english" STYLE="background-color:darkblue; color:white;
padding:4px">
        <SPAN STYLE="font-weight:bold; color:white;">
   <xsl:value-of select="document/abstract/English"/>
  </SPAN>
      </DIV>
      <DIV class="italian" STYLE="background-color:darkblue; color:white;
padding:4px">
        <SPAN STYLE="font-weight:bold; color:white;">
   <xsl:value-of select="document/abstract/Italian"/>
  </SPAN>
      </DIV>
  </BODY>
</HTML>

Steven Livingstone
Director, Networking Technical Associates
The Citi Exchange - http://www.citix.com
Scottish President AIP - http://www.citix.com/AIP
email : ceo@xxxxxxxxx