Re: XML/XSL and ASP/IIS

Subject: Re: XML/XSL and ASP/IIS
From: Duane Nickull <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 15:24:10 -0700

Steven Livingstone wrote:

> I am interested in how I should do the following -
>
> I want to parse a file on the server with one XSL style sheet which should
> generate XML which should then, depending on specifics be parsed again with
> one of a few style sheets and the result returned as HTML.

Re: Everyone talking about this subject.

We are developing a system very similar to *.asp files called XML Server
Pages which use the *.xsp extension by default and allow authors to
place instruction templates into their html webpages.  When the server
receives a client request (get) for the *.xsp page, it processes the
templates instruction and presents the client with html (or text |
xml/css | xml/xsl).  The system still needs work on the xml parser.

A unfinished website with a few examples of *.xsp can be viewed directly
at

http://www.cartnetwork.com/xml/index.xsp

Duane Nickull