RE: test conditions (xsl:when) involving constants using saxon

Subject: RE: test conditions (xsl:when) involving constants using saxon
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:38:30 +0100
SAXON 4.1 is a while ago and I'm having trouble remembering it (4.3, which
supports the latest XSLT syntax, is in the final stages of validation and
documentation).

But I think what's wrong is mainly the curly brackets: for
>    <xsl:when test="[{constant(partyid)} = '0']">
try
>    <xsl:when test=".[constant(partyid) = '0']">

Curly brackets are used only in an attribute value template, i.e. to
substitute an expression into a string, and not in an attribute where am
expression is expected. (This is also true of the current XSLT draft).

The leading "." is necessary because (if I remember version 4.1 correctly)
it's technically a match-pattern, testing whether the current node matches
some condition.

Mike