Re: CSS and XSL?

Subject: Re: CSS and XSL?
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:12:36 -0400
At 09:31 AM 6/10/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>It seems like the W3C could have avoided this split and the crazy debates
>>that have followed it by making XSL and CSS work together, not separately.
>
>The debate would have just been the other way around. People who wanted
>transformations would have just been the ones crying foul.

The point here isn't that transformations shouldn't have happened - it's
that you could at least use the same formatting vocabulary for CSS and for
XSL FO's.

XSL-T raises its own issues, but making it coexist with CSS isn't very
difficult.  I don't think there would have been a debate at all, actually,
or at least much less of a debate.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications
Inside XML DTDs: Scientific and Technical (July)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com