RE: XSL Debate, Leventhal responds to Stephen Deach

Subject: RE: XSL Debate, Leventhal responds to Stephen Deach
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 11:51:55 -0400
Hi Jonathan,

You said:
1) transformations are not important
2) procedural languages (e.g. ECMAScript+DOM) can handle transformations
just fine.
3) DSSSL can be modified to better handle transformations
4) XSLT is just not a good way to transform (and if so please suggest
another)

Didier says:
interesting questions Jonathan. I won't answer for simon, but here are my
answers:
1) no, they are important
2) yes, with the right constructs (object based for example)
3) absolutely
4)again a big yes - alternatives: DSSSL, STTS, XScripts, Omnimark, Balise,
etc... Depend if you prefer "()", "<>", "{}" etc...

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com