Re: understanding trees

Subject: Re: understanding trees
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:36:23 +0100

Andre Halama wrote:

> thanks for all your responses, they helped clear up a lot of my problems.
>
> the one thing i couldn't get straight yet is one of the question that is
> also in the spec (6.1.1):
> 'Is the parent of an attribute node the element that the attribute is on?'

This question is raised in the context of the various axes. I read it to
mean: 'should the "parent" axis of an attribute node include the
containing node' (rather than, I imagine, being null) 'despite the the
fact the the attribute node is not on the "children" axis of the
containing node?' (since attribute nodes only appear on the "attribute"
axis).

I don't think it means anything more complicated than that, despite my
initial reaction of "so which element is its parent then?"

<snip!>

> hope this discussion isn't too annoying,

Not at all - educational for me, at least.

Francis.
--
Francis Norton.

Air Rage - a "flight *and* fight" reaction?