RE: XSL Optimizations

Subject: RE: XSL Optimizations
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:42:12 +0100
> An idea that has been floating around in my head is to have a hash
> table that maps element type names to a list of templates that may
> match elements of the given type.

SAXON determines for each pattern whether it is able to match only elements
of a particular type; it then maintains one list of "specific" patterns for
each element type, and one list of "generic" patterns. For a given element
node, it has to search the specific pattern list for that element type plus
the generic list; for any other kind of node it just searches the generic
list.

Mike