RE: XSLT vs JSP

Subject: RE: XSLT vs JSP
From: "Joseph A. Latone" <jlatone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 13:31:24 -0700
It's a bit of a strange comparision to me.
XSL alone isn't going to get you much in terms of
application & server logic or functionality.
You can integrate XSL into an application server, and get to use some
nice somewhat declarative transformation rules that can be applied in
clever ways that don't necessarily have anything to do with UI,
but then again, this integration/use is essentially JSP as well as ASP,
which would make an interesting comparison (although, I don't think the
specification for the use of XSL in JSP is defined yet, and
I'm not convinced what ASP offers is the best way to do it.)

Joe