Exit in XSLT: was jumps (gotos....) in xslt

Subject: Exit in XSLT: was jumps (gotos....) in xslt
From: "Smith, Brian BC " <BS185791@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:26:09 -0500
Thanks for this reply.  I believe the syntax you are speaking of is now
xsl:call-templates and
xsl:templates.  I am already using templatees, but this by itself dones not
solve the problem.
However, in your example you
had an "Exit" statement.  this is exactly what I need, but it is not part of
the XSLT specification.
But I see nothing in the XLST spec for early termination.  I believe early
termination would be
a side-effect and therefore would not be allowed.  Is this correct?

So my question is can I end XSLT processing via an Exit statement of some
type?  Failing this
I still need a jump.  The call-templates return to the original line (method
call syntax).  and what
I need is something that does not return to original line.

Brian Smith