RE: XSLT vs JSP

Subject: RE: XSLT vs JSP
From: "Wilson, James.W" <James.W.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:19:04 -0500
I think XSL is well within the capabilities of some of the more technical
editors in my company, who often have to be restrained from using Word
macros and the like to format their SGML. (really. often the results look
pretty good, too.) they have the interest and the skills to make great use
of XSL - all the better since it's not a programming language
(Turing-completeness aside).

aside from editors, the standards groups and designers will have a ball with
XSL. they already use home-grown 'rules files' to control output anyways, so
will make the transition pretty easily. perhaps in the future there'll still
be some developers available to help them code up the hard parts, or write
custom extensions for things that don't make sense in XSL.

James Wilson