multiple output files/getting command-line parameters in XT

Subject: multiple output files/getting command-line parameters in XT
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:25:03 +0000 (GMT)
Obviously it is not standard, but how, using XT, can I find the name
of my output file? If I do

  java com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver a.xml a.xsl a.html

then in "a.xsl" I am using James' extension to split "a.xml" into several
parts. Naturally, I can make references _between_ these files work ok,
but if I need to make them refer back to their parent stub, "a.html"?
I don't know what the `master' document is called.

Yes, I can start a new file as soon as I enter the document, under my
control, but in that case how can I control the name of that from the
Java command-line?

More generally, relating to this question of splitting into multiple
files, I take it we are NOT going to see any formal support for this
in XSL 1.0?

Would someone care to comment on how things work in an environment where
an XML file is quietly transformed to HTML by a server, for older
browsers? My test file is 3 mbytes of detailed gibberish, and the
chances are that I will currently split it into many small parts, with
some summary documents that reference those parts. How does the server
engine manage this, not having `files' lying around?

sebastian