Re: multiple output files/getting command-line parameters in XT

Subject: Re: multiple output files/getting command-line parameters in XT
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:36:37 +0000 (GMT)
David Carlisle writes:

 > > I now bowed to the inevitable today, and put a single line of "sed" in
 >
 > ah, so that's it. use of perl is bad, use of sed is OK!

I did confess and grovel, in public.

 > An alternative (and more pure?) approach would be to base the name of
 > the output file on some information in the XML document rather than on
 > its filename, so xt would get to see it. (ie add a documentname="a"
 > attribute to some likely looking element)

Yes, that would be nice. But I was trying to make a setup for
rendering arbitrary TEI documents. In that environment, a) I have a
DTD beyond my control, b) I cannot dictate whether people use a
documentname tag.

Eduardo Gutentag's system-property seems about right to me

Sebastian